1) Client now unaware of downloaded videos and list of channels I was following 2) Question about ports

Hi,

Two matters here (as a novice I’m not sure I could post twice, better pack the two subjects in one post).

Client suddenly NOT showing my playlists (which allowed me to keep track of the videos I had downloaded and I was hopefully contributing to serve to other users) nor the list of channels I was following.

I’m on Linux.

I have recently decided to run the client on my main PC (although having it built for a raspberry PI would have been preferable) and I was actually pretty happy with it, already over 550 videos downloaded and much more to go (8 TB disk exclusively for LBRY).

I was also following quite a few lists already.

Today I started the client and then realized that I hadn’t activated the Internet connection, the client warned that the connection to a wallet server took a bit too long… nothing new so far, it had happened before. I switched down the client (ctrl-q), opened the Internet connection and launched the client again.

But this time it apparently started as a fresh new installation, except for the settings: all paths to folders are still there, the amount of dedicated storage space is still the one I had set… the configuration settings are all still there, but I’m now following nobody and have no playlists (the playlists were allowing me to keep track of all the videos I had downloaded with the client).

All downloaded video files are still on the disk and I’d say that the folder ~/.local/share/lbry still takes the same amount of space (actually more than the downloads folder).

Is there a way I can recover my playlists and the list of channels I was following?
Is this client still able to serve the downloaded videos or has it lost track of them?

Info on this page recommends to open ports 3333, 4444 UDP, 5567, 50001.

If I check with https://canyouseeme.org/ I have a green check only with port 4444 provided I open it for any protocol, not just UDP. No visible service on the other ports (I do have them open for incoming connections the same way I have 4444).

I was anyways noticing considerable disk activity in some moments, so I was hoping to be actually serving data to other LBRY users.

Is there a chance that was OK despite having the green check only on port 4444?

1 Like