Intro Thread (and character title limits cause user behavior like this)

Who am I? Unemployed with a Computer Science Degree.
How did I get here? Mike Maloney from goldsliver sent me here.
Where do I live? In the north west.
What’s my favorite smell? Hmmmmm???
What are some of my favorite programming languages/technologies and why is the answer Go? Professionally I’ve used clojure/clojurescript for the last three years since I graduated with my computer science degree, but I like react and react-native much better, and I’ve never used Go so I don’t know if it’s my favorite.
Are we living in a simulation? If the mainstream media says so it must be true, lol…

Welcome guys! Have you checked out lbry.tech/contribute already? Looking forward to see some PRs!

Who are you?
• I don’t remember my name, I know that my father is called matrix.

How did you get there?
• Are you sure that I am here?

Where do you live?
• I live In the hall of the mountain king.

What’s your favorite smell?
• I love the smell of my king.

What are some of your favorite programming languages/technologies?
• I love how cmatrix works, don’t you?

And why is the answer Go?
• Nope, the answer is 42.

Are we in a simulation?
• It’s sure that you are in a simulation.
But I can’t know if I am in a bigger one. I hope not.

You decide what to share!
• I decide to not share more than what you asked.

Isla’s is now my favorite introductory reply.

01.My name is Janne Granström, many knows me from ircnet where i go nickname “dylo”. Im from Finland and i live in a semismall countryside town called Jokioinen, i moved here because open fiber with fast upload speeds and because my mother living here also :wink:

Im a nerd or geek by lifestyle. Married with my computers.

Im not human person at all, covid is a bless for me because i can now own the streets :wink:

1. I dont remember.
  2. Finland.
  3. I dont have any??
  4. Hard to pick but because so many others using python, that is what i use most also, but it isnt my fav. Perhaps something from the real family, like c++ :wink:
  5. If we living in a sim, that surely answer some odd errors and bugs what i see almost daily.

Hi All. My names is Robert Vaessen; username verticon. Long time developer. Father. Lover. Adventurer. Up for da party! I bumped into LBRY when someone online suggested it as an alternative to YouTube. What? No censoring? No ownership? Way cool! I live in Charlotte, NC. Favorite smell? WTF guys! I ain’t gonna say. I don’t have a favorite language/platform. Right now it’s all swift/iOS. I’m hoping to jump in on the upcoming iOS efforts. Simulation? Sure,why not? Who among us knows the mind of …? Happy to be here. Looking to have some good geeky fun! Robert.

· Who are you?

My name is Refik, I have a one year old daughter, we have a happy marriage with my wife, I am a graduateBuraya nasıl geldin?

· How did you get here?

Turkey also named R. N. A. Travels YouTube Channel after a lot of research, I have concluded that lbry’n is the best alternative for me.

· Where do you live?

Ankara Currently, I live in Turkey. I am going to live in Prague, Czech Republic, Austria the year ahead. Who knows! Everything I have fits in a suitcase and a guitar case.

· What’s your favorite smell?

First of all, coal, but also the smell in the sea

· What are some of your favorite programming languages/technologies and why is the answer Go?

Bash and HTML (if applicable)! That’s all I know… and, as I know, I can get them to do what I want after so many trial and error and the help of others. I am honored to help lbry.tech

· Are we living in a simulation?

You can be sure that you are in a simulation.

Welcome Refik, Robert, and Janne!

1 Like
  • Who are you? I am an integration architect
  • How did you get here? I heard about LBRY when one of the senators had reportedly decided to join about a month ago.
  • Where do you live? Colorado
  • What’s your favorite smell? As long as I am in the middle of no where everything smells great, even the manure.
  • What are some of your favorite programming languages/technologies and why is the answer Go? I know a lot about messaging/pub/sub java, C, C++ but very little about Go.
  • Are we living in a simulation? Not a great fan of labels since they mean so many things to so many different people, however if the context of simulation is as in the movie The Matrix, I believe we are living in an implementation that was hijacked a long time ago by a virus and the process of removing it has been defined and known a long time ago as well.
1 Like
  • Who are you?
    Peter Boivin
  • How did you get here?
    Invite from an email
  • Where do you live?
    Ave Maria FL
  • What’s your favorite smell?
    The smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory
  • What are some of your favorite programming languages/technologies and why is the answer Go?
    Java
  • Are we living in a simulation?
    The real question is do you know the way out?